Plantronics M55 is another perfect Bluetooth headset from Plantronics. The device comes with outstanding features for everyday users. It uses Bluetooth 3.0 technology. The device uses multi-point technology. It can pair with up to two smartphones in the same area at once. You can quickly switch active connections between two paired phones and answer calls from either one. A2DP Bluetooth profile for audio streaming helps you to listen to music, GPS directions, podcast etc from your smartphone. People will like the alerts like “Power on. Talk Time Ten Hours” when the device is powered on.
Plantronics M55 can be rightly called as a voice activated device. You could do almost all the functions associated with the device with your voice. Features like Voice Answer to take calls, voice alerts and Vocalyst service helps this. Take your incoming call by just saying “Answer”, go through your emails, news, reminders etc by using Vocalyst service. The service is available free for one year time. Plantronics M55 is having very good voice quality at both ends while in conversation. But the quality gets diminished when used in outdoors or crowded places. Though the device can be connected to most of the smartphones and Bluetooth devices, some slight connection problems have been reported. The connection gets lost when our body comes in between Plantronics M55 and other device. Say when Plantronics M55 is on our left ear and the smartphone is in our right pocket. One touch conference call function automatically identifies conference calls with one touch connects to it.
The most attractive feature of Plantronics M55 is DeepSleep mode. It is a power saving mode which gets activated Plantronics M55 is away from your phone for more than 90 minutes. When it’s back in range ,just tap the Call button to”wake” it up. DeepSleep mode extends standard 16 days standby time up to 150 days. It means you only need to charge the device twice in a year. Plantronics M55 box comes with Plantronics M55 headset, clip-on earloop, USB cable, charger and operating instructions. The device is having one year limited warranty. Plantronics M55 is charged using micro-USB charging, and you’ll get a full charge after being plugged in for 2 hours.
Plantronics M55 Features
- Wireless Range: Up to 33 feet (10 meters) from device
- Bluetooth 3.0 technology
- A2DP Bluetooth profile for audio streaming : Stream music, podcast and media
- Multi-Point Connectivity: Pair and maintain connection with two phones and answer calls from either phone
- Enhanced Services: Voice alerts whisper talk time, battery level
- Battery Power: Talk Time Up to 11 hours | Standby Time Up to 16 days | Standby Mode Up to 150 days
- Voice Answer to take Calls
- Includes Vocalyst voice service
- DeepSleep mode to extends battery life drastically
- Reduces background noise in indoors
- Battery level alerts
- DeepSleep Mode: DeepSleep power saving mode can extend the battery life up to 5 months. The feature gets activated when Plantronics M555 is away from your device for more than 90 minutes
- Voice Answer : Take calls without pressing a button–just say “Answer”
- Vocalyst Voice Service: Stay connected with your voice. Using your voice itself, you can use various apps and services.
- Good Sound Quality in conversation
- Comfortable to use everyday
- One touch Conference Call
- Connection Problem: Some of the user reviews say there is a slight connection problem when the initial set up is being done
- Reduction of wind and other background noise during calls when used in the outdoors is poor. But noise reduction is more than good when used indoors.
Plantronics M55 Customer Reviews
Customers are quite satisfied with Plantronics M55. Except the two cons : level of noise reduction and connectivity issue, the device is fantastic and worth every penny. People have a great say on the battery life and other features of the compact device.